Therapist with focus of Substance Abuse, LGBTQ, HIV
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, incarceration, substance abuse and mental health, looking for two LCSW. Must be skilled in individual and group intervention modalities with an understanding of Case management and Linkage to care. Hours may vary, including weekends and evenings
The desirable candidate to join our team has proficient assessment, diagnostic skills and organizational skills with a commitment to quality standards and effective treatment to those in our community impacted by HIV, Substance Abuse, Homelessness and societal stigmas. Individual must demonstrate an ability to build rapport and provide creative interventions to a diverse population. Experience with the LGBTQ population preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide therapeutic services to individuals impacted by HIV, Homelessness, Substance Abuse and Mental Health services with a combination of traditional and holistic approaches
- Provide direct care services including case management, discharge planning, individual session and group sessions in the Residential and Behavioral Health programs, as assigned.
- Develop and facilitate group therapy session with a variety of delivery methods covering a full range of clinical topics and life areas.
- Complete and intergraded assessment and develop a corresponding individualized treatment plan with a transition component
- Complete clinical paperwork including data entry for assigned direct service caseload within appropriate timeframe
Skills / Requirements
- State of Florida LCSW PREFERRED
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- Substance abuse treatment or residential setting experience preferred
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Proficient Computer skills
- Knowledge of Stages of Change, Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction preferred
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- HIV 500
- Valid Florida Drivers License and ongoing proof of insurance required
- Pass Pre-employment drug screen and background check
Broward House offers healthcare benefits, supplemental benefits, Paid Time Off, 401K 100% company match
This program does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, familial status, age, or disability
Job Status: Full Time