Peer Case Manager
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are looking for Peer Specialist to work in our HIV Intervention Program targeting Black Men who have sex with men living with HIV. The candidate will identify with the target population as well as providing HIV testing, community outreach, individual intervention, group facilitation, home visits and case management services in a strength based manner. Hours will vary, including weekend, evenings, and some late nights at location with high traffic of target population.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Orient client to services and complete paperwork
- Completing a risk assessment and ongoing assessment of client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Developing an risk reduction and care plan based on assessments
- Providing individual and group intervention to address substance abuse and HIV risk factors or HIV Care, including aftercare follow-up
- Conduct home visits
- Provide support for linkage and adherence to medical care
- Engages, counsels, manages, motivates and effectively works with high-risk, vulnerable patient populations in the office and community setting
- Engages, counsels, manages, and effectively works with persons in crisis.
- Refer and Link individuals to community services to meet planned goals
- Conducting HIV/STD testing which includes urine and blood draws
- Developing and presenting prevention and education information in a group setting.
- Completing electronic health record and data base requirements
- Maintaining and submitting all documentation in an accurate and timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive.
Skills / Requirements
- HIV 500/501 Certificate required
- Certification in Phlebotomy preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service or health related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Motivational Interviewing or Peer Certification preferred
- 2 years HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solution focused approach to conflict and challenges
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, collaborating agencies and the public
- Ability to demonstrate and model culturally competent behavior
- Moderate to Advanced Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements, including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening
Hours: Full-time 40/hrs. week with late evening and weekends and some holidays as needed.
Bilingual - Creole speaking preferred.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time