Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Broward House, Inc. is a community-based organization with multiple locations throughout Broward County, Florida. Incorporated in 1988, we provide a full array of quality services to those living with and at risk for HIV and other health issues. Programs include community-wide case management, substance abuse treatment, supportive and independent housing, intervention, mental health services, outreach/education, transportation, complementary therapies and medical services.
We are hiring for our third shift Nursing Assistant position. This position is located in our Assistant Living Facility and works the following schedule: (Schedule is subject to change)
Mon: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Tue: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Wed: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Sat: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sun: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
The Assisted Living Facility is for individuals who are HIV Positive and require assisted living, HIV positive individuals who are in Substance Abuse Treatment and homeless individuals discharged from a hospital or shelter with an acute condition (these individuals may or may not be HIV positive) who are in need of medical respite care.
The following are examples of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Provides clients with supervision or assistance in activities of daily living including ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and other personal hygiene activities.
- Continually orient clients to rules and regulations Broward House programs, and write incident reports when witnessing a safety concerns.
- Takes and records/reports clients’ vital signs as well as intake and output when directed by the nurse. Measures monthly weights and records in a timely manner. Reports any changes in clients’ condition to the charge nurse.
- Monitor clients by performing periodic assigned checks. Monitor property regularly Report unsafe conditions and practices immediately to the appropriate person. Makes scheduled rounds in a timely manner.
- Assists with functions indirectly affecting the hygiene and comfort of the clients, laundry, cleaning common areas and room. Works with the clients to maintain their rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Provides emotional support to clients and engages clients in activities as appropriate to their level of functioning and ability to participate.
- Follow through on verbal and written communications Program Directors and Nurses and follow policies and procedures of the program.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations in public settings
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions and meet established deadlines
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal direction
This position requires:
- Certified Nursing Assistant License
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience
- Basic computer skill: Microsoft outlook email, office
- Basic reading, writing, math skills
- Experience with substance abuse and mental health population is highly preferred
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, Short-Term Disability, Long- Term Disability, and EAP
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time