Mental Health Technician
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, incarceration substance abuse and mental health issues. The population is diverse in age, race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation.
We are looking for a Mental Health Tech to work in our Residential and Substance Abuse Treatment program. The candidate will have a strong comfort level working with the target population and conducting groups, as well as working evening, weekends and holidays
- Prepare and facilitate evening and weekend group including life skills, social rehab, psycho-educational and process
- Complete orientation with new residents and treatment participants, including intake paperwork
- Monitor, transport and supervise social activities on and off the facility.
- Maintain interaction and visibility with clients throughout shift engaging client clients in a strength-based supportive manner providing re-directions and guidance as necessary
- Conduct random urine screens on clients.
- Provide support to Dietary and CNA staff as appropriate.
- Provide basic maintenance support to residential and behavioral health facility
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Two Years of Substance Abuse Training or one year of job related experience preferred.
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Basic office equipment operation skills
- Basic individual intervention skills
- Basic Group facilitation skills
- Basic Knowledge of Substance Abuse Recovery
- Basic computer skills required: Microsoft outlook email, office
Tuesday thru Saturday: 3:30 pm - 12:00 am
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TO A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, Short-Term Disability, Long- Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Job Status: Full Time