Medical Transportation Driver
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, incarceration, substance abuse and mental health and is currently seeking to fill a Medical Transportation Driver. This position will provide transportation of clients to and from appointments, hospitals, convalescent facilities, dialysis centers, rehabilitation centers, medical offices and private residences in a safe, secure and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transports clients utilizing company passenger van in a safe and professional manner.
- Effective communication with dispatch regarding schedule progress and instructions.
- Completes daily vehicle pre-trip and post trip inspections
- Maintains vehicle clean at all times
- Assists clients and patients as needed to safely complete transfer
- Accurately complete activity logs vehicle reports as required
- Transport wheelchair clients on paved and unpaved surfaces
- Pick up and drop off clients at destination as scheduled and on time
- Must comply with all duties assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Must comprehend and comply with all Driver Safety and Driver Training outline.
- Must understand instructions in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to maintain a professional image and attitude in regards to clients, visitors and co-workers
- Must be able to navigate and drive to different points of the city, operate GPS devices, 2 way radios and cell phone.
- Must be comfortable driving a 12-15 passenger van and pass Van Driver test.
- Must be physically able to step up and down steps, safely secure clients for transport.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass the company insurance requirements for drivers
- Pass mandatory background check and motor vehicle check
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and future random drug screenings
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational training and/or certification preferred
- Minimum (2) years of on the job work experience
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- CPR and First Aid Certification
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TO A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, Short-Term Disability, Long- Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
CONTACT US AT:
Job Status: Full Time