Master's Level Substance Abuse/HIV Therapist/Case Manager
Broward House, an HIV/AIDS Organization, is hiring a mastered level therapist/Case Manager for our holistic HIV prevention and care program. The program serves individuals impacted by substance abuse and mental health from a diverse community in race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, literacy level and incarceration history.
Must be skilled in individual and group intervention modalities with an understanding of Case management and Linkage to care. Hours may vary, including weekends and evenings
The desirable candidate to join our team has proficient assessment, diagnostic skills and organizational skills with a commitment to quality standards and effective treatment to those in our community impacted by HIV, Substance Abuse, Homelessness and societal stigmas. Individual must demonstrate an ability to build rapport and provide creative interventions to a diverse population. Experience with the LGBTQ population preferred.
Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Provide education to targeted population to engage and recruit clients for HIV/AIDS risk reduction and/or HIV/STI/Hepatitis testing
- Engages, counsels, manages, motivates and effectively works with high-risk, vulnerable patient population, including persons with substance use or mental health disorder
- Prepare and facilitate intervention with clients in individual or group strategies as indicated in risk reduction plan
- Provides linkage and navigation for health care, supports services and risk reduction activities with follow-up
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy or related from an accredited university
- One year Case Management experience
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques and trauma informed recovery desired
- One year experience with Substance Abuse population and group interventions required
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS preferred
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in social service or health related field from an accredited university, or a Bachelor's degree with (3) years experience. Florida State Clinical Registered Intern preferred.
- One year experience in the HIV/AIDS field
- LGBT and HIV/AIDS experience is encouraged to apply
- Substance abuse and mental health knowledge preferred
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- HIV 500/501 preferred
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements, including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time,Temp to Hire