Master's Level Substance Abuse and Mental Health Therapist
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, incarceration, substance abuse and mental health issues, looking for a Master Level Therapist (MSW, MHC, MFT). Must be skilled in individual and group intervention modalities with an understanding of Case management. Hours may vary, including weekends and evenings.
The desirable candidate to join our team must have proficient assessment, diagnostic and organizational skills with a commitment to quality standards and effective treatment to those in our community impacted by HIV, Substance Abuse, Homelessness and societal stigmas. Individuals must demonstrate an ability to build rapport and provide creative interventions to a diverse population. Experience with the LGBTQ population preferred.
This position also provides individual and group therapy.
In additional to other responsibilities, this position will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in community outreach and engagement
- Provide therapeutic services to individuals impacted by HIV, Homelessness, Substance Abuse and Mental Health services with a combination of traditional and holistic approaches.
- Provide direct care services including case management, discharge planning, individual session and group sessions in the Residential and Behavioral Health programs, as assigned.
- Develop and facilitate group therapy session with a variety of delivery methods covering a full range of clinical topics and life areas.
- Complete and intergraded assessment and develop a corresponding individualized treatment plan with a transition element.
- Complete clinical paperwork including data entry for assigned direct service caseload within appropriate timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Case Management and Therapy experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience.
- Substance abuse treatment or residential setting experience preferred.
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Proficient computer skills.
- Spanish Speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of Stages of Change, Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction preferred.
- Must have a master's degree in Social Work, Health or Human Services from an accredited university preferred
- HIV 500
- Valid Florida Driver's license and ongoing proof of insurance required and ability to provide own transportation.
Applicants must submit to a Level 2 Background and Pre-employment Drug Screening.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits program which includes the following: Health, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long term disability, 401k, and life insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time