Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, incarceration, substance abuse and mental health.
This position, under the supervision of the Facilities Coordinator, performs electrical, plumbing, carpentry, A/C, door hardware and general maintenance duties in all Broward House owned properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by Directors of Facilities, including carpentry, painting, basic plumbing, drywall and basic electrical tasks.
- Ceramic tile and laminate flooring installation
- Complete grounds work as directed by the Director of Facilities which may include picking up trash, power washing walkways, sweeping curbs and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other common areas.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
Skills / Requirements
- Proficiency in the use of standard power and hands tools
- Basic math skills for measurement and computation
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly directions
- Basic to moderate carpentry skills
- Moderate to advanced painting skills
- Basic to moderate plumbing skills
- Basic electrical skills
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational training and/or certification preferred
- Minimum (2) years of on the job work experience
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Valid Florida Driver's License and ongoing proof of insurance required
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TO A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, Short-Term Disability, Long- Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
CONTACT US AT:
Pay: $16 to $16.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time