Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individuals infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are currently looking for an LPN to join our team. This position is located in our Assisted Living Facility to work three 12 hour shifts providing strength based support to individuals demonstrating behaviors associated with chronic homelessness, substance abuse and mental health.
The Assisted Living Facility is for individuals who are HIV Positive and require assisted living, HIV positive individuals who are in Substance Abuse Treatment and homeless individuals discharged from a hospital or shelter with an acute condition (these individuals may or may not be HIV positive) who are in need of medical respite care.
The following are examples of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Complete nursing assessments upon admission and monthly thereafter with each resident
- Monitor resident’s progress providing referrals or interventions as appropriate
- Provide medication assistance including access, education and documentation
- Provide nursing care including wound care, IV therapy, and diabetes management
- Assists residents with activities of daily living including supervision of diets
- Communicates with primary health care providers and pharmacies to ensure access and adherence to care
- Maintains resident record with medical information and progress notes
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure comprehensive, continuous care of residents.
- Maintains structure and order in the residential facility. Reports and documents incidents, concerns, and observations consistently
- Provides supervision and support to Nursing Assistants
Skills / Requirements
Moderate computer skill: Microsoft outlook email, office
Experience with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and mental health population is highly preferred
Graduate of State accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing and Licensed to practice as an LPN in the state of Florida
(3) years experience
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, Short-Term Disability, Long- Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
Schedule:Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Job Status: Full Time