Intervention Specialist - HIV, STI and HEP C Testing
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are looking for an Intervention Specialist to work in our substance abuse and HIV Intervention and Prevention Program targeting 18-30 year old gay, transgender, bi-sexual and questioning men. The candidate will have a strong comfort level working with the target population as well as providing HIV testing, community outreach, individual intervention, and group facilitation. Hours will vary, including weekends, evenings, and some late nights at location with high traffic of target population. In addition to other duties, the successful candidate:
- Prepares and disseminates health education materials and participates in the evaluation of their effectiveness.
- Assesses clients’ educational and risk-reduction needs and assists clients in developing risk reduction strategies for reducing high-risk behavior.
- Prepares and submits weekly schedule of assigned Health Education events and functions.
- Attends functions and events to provide Health education service
- Provides outreach services to the homeless population at area feeding programs and facilities serving the need of the homeless in Broward County
- Engages in street outreach in public places in targeted population areas which consists of communicating information about the availability of HIV services
- Provides HIV education, including basic information regarding prevention of transmission
- Documents all activities and services provided and submits required documentation in a timely manner
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with HIV testing and counseling preferred
- Two years of HIV, Education, and Intervention/Prevention services is also preferred
- A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance required
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of community / County resources
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Knowledge of basic risk reduction methods
- Basic Assessment Skills
- Basic individual intervention skills
- Basic Group facilitation skills
Variable hours with some evenings and weekend.
Must pass all background and drug screenings.
Pay: $14.50 to $16.50/hour
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short-term disability, long-term disability, EAP, and supplemental benefits
Job Status: Full Time