Broward House, Inc. is a not-for-profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individuals infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
We are looking for Housing Counselors to work in our programs serving those living with HV impacted by Substance Abuse treatment and other challenges to provide home-based and community-based supportive services to promote self-sufficiency and integration into the community with the goal of stable, safe housing.
The ideal candidate for the role:
Has a passion for Housing First Models and harm reduction
- Creates space for clients to be successful and support them through challenges in following rules
- Is willing to be hands-on in teaching clients to maintain a household including cooking, budgeting, cleaning
- Able to provide intervention or linkages for mental health and substance abuse challenges in both an one-to-one and group setting
- Values the importance of documentation in client care and is skilled at documenting goals, assessment, and progress of client interactions
- Demonstrates Strong Case Management skills including assessment, linkage, and follow-up
- Enjoys spending time conducting home visits and/ or in a residential setting
- Has skills BPS assessments and to create care plans to increase client independence and self-sufficiency
- Is self-motivated with an ability to shift priorities based on the needs of the program
- Has moderate advanced computer skills including excel and electronic databases
- Is able to have professional conversations and basic negotiation skills with landlords and health care providers
- Believes in the mission of Broward House and wants to contribute to the health of those we serve
- Has integrity in maintaining confidential information
- Is committed to completing tasks with attention to detail in a timely manner
- Has a sense of humor and ease and is able to negotiate the skills and personalities of others
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in social service or health-related field from an accredited university – or equivalent scheduled
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Symptoms and intervention
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
Valid Driver's license and proof of insurance required. On-going proof of insurance is required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time