Housing Care Counselor
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues
We are looking for a Housing Care Counselor to provide home-based and community-based supportive services to promote self-sufficiency and integration into the community with the goal of stable, safe housing.
- Presents comprehensive information on housing programs to applicants/participants through various presentation methods, such as group sessions and individual meetings.
- Complete intake process and paperwork including eligibility assessment and certification, updated as necessary.
- Inspects prospective dwelling units for eligibility determination, assuring that the unit meets Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and taking appropriate action with property owners that do not meet HQS.
- Completes family assessment to determine strengths and needs to develop an individual housing plan of care that promotes permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
- Meets with internal and external interdisciplinary treatment team members to coordinate client services and documents outcomes of meetings
- Provide information and negotiates with landlord and prepares for informal hearing/appeals.
- Submits all documentation in an accurate and timely manner, including electronic records.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service or health related field from an accredited university.
- One year experience or internship preferred.
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Symptoms and interventions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solution focused approach to conflict and challenges
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, collaborating agencies and the public
- Moderate to Advanced Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Basic office equipment operation skills
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, paid time off and EAP
Valid Driver's license and proof of insurance required. On-going proof of insurance is required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time