HIV/STI/Hep C Intervention Specialist
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are looking for an HIV/STI/HEP C Testing Specialist to work in our HIV Intervention and Prevention Program targeting the LGBTQ community and minorities highly impacted by HIV. The candidate will have a strong comfort level working with the target population as well as providing HIV testing, community outreach, individual intervention, group facilitation, and case management services. Hours will vary, including weekend, evenings, and some late nights at location with high traffic of target population.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Completing a risk assessment and ongoing assessment of client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Developing an risk reduction and care plan based on assessments
- Providing individual and group intervention to address substance abuse and HIV risk factors or HIV Care, including aftercare follow-up
- Refer and Link individuals to community services to meet planned goals
- Conducting HIV/STI/HepC testing which includes urine and blood draws
- Developing and presenting prevention and education information in a group setting.
- Completing electronic health record and data base requirements
- Maintaining and submitting all documentation in an accurate and timely manner
Skills / Requirements
- HIV 500/501 Certificate required
- Certification in Phlebotomy preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service or health related field preferred
- 2 years HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solution focused approach to conflict and challenges
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, collaborating agencies and the public
- Ability to demonstrate and model culturally competent behavior
- Moderate to Advanced Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements, including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Hours: Full-time 40/hrs. week with late evening and weekends and some holidays as needed.
LGBT and HIV/AIDS experience is encouraged to apply
Job Status: Full Time