Not for profit social service agency in Broward County seeks to hire a full-time Finance Specialist.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for preparing/submitting invoices and disbursements
Summary of Job functions - Other functions to be discussed upon interview and job description
Prepares monthly invoices.
- Completes tasks related to billing, preperation of financial reports, preparing daily cash deposits, check disbursements, data entry, and facilitating team member cross-functionality
- Maintains fiscal accounting records for operations and prepares general ledger account reconciliations as assigned
- Maintains and reviews vendor files and updates vendor information
- Assists with projects and performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Intermediate level knowledge of accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory
- Data base entry and analysis
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile accounts;
- Strong written and verbal comunication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization;
- Detail oriented, accurate, and organized in work performance;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, to maximize performance'
- Creativity, problem solving skills and results oriented
- Proficiency with relevant accounting software;
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Flexible and enthusiastic in completing assigned duties on time
Associate Degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
2 years related experience
Job Status: Full Time