Not for profit social service agency in Broward County seeks to hire a full-time Finance Specialist.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for preparing/submitting invoices and disbursements
Summary of Job functions - Other functions to be discussed upon interview and job description
Prepares monthly invoices.
- Completes tasks related to billing, preperation of financial reports, preparing daily cash deposits, check disbursements, data entry, and facilitating team member cross-functionality
- Maintains fiscal accounting records for operations and prepares general ledger account reconciliations as assigned
- Maintains and reviews vendor files and updates vendor information
- Assists with projects and performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Intermediate level knowledge of accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory
- Data base entry and analysis
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile accounts;
- Strong written and verbal comunication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization;
- Detail oriented, accurate, and organized in work performance;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, to maximize performance'
- Creativity, problem solving skills and results oriented
- Proficiency with relevant accounting software;
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Flexible and enthusiastic in completing assigned duties on time
Associate Degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
2 years related experience
Applicants must submit to a Level 2 Background and Pre-employment Drug Screening.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits program which includes the following: Health, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long term disability, 401k, and life insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time