This position will provide transportation of clients to and from appointments, hospitals, convalescent facilities, dialysis centers, rehabilitation centers, medical offices and private residences in a safe, secure and professional manner.
Transports clients utilizing company passenger van in a safe and professional manner, following all state traffic laws.
- Effective communication with dispatch regarding schedule progress and instructions.
- Completes daily vehicle pre-trip and post trip inspections
- Maintains vehicle clean at all times
- Reports safety and repair concerns immediately
- Assists clients and patients as needed to safely complete transfer
- Accurately complete activity logs vehicle reports as required
- Transport wheelchair clients on paved and unpaved surfaces
- Pick up and drop off clients at destination as scheduled and on time s Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes secure transport to and from pharmacy and medical provider.
- Effectively work with high-risk, vulnerable, client population, including chemically dependent persons.
- To perform this job successfully the Transportation Driver must be able to perform each essential duty
Skills / Requirements
- Must comprehend and comply with all Driver Safety and Driver Training outline.
- Must be comfortable driving a 12-15 passenger van and pass Van Driver test.
- Must understand instructions in English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations in public settings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal directions
- Ability to work under pressure and to assess changing priorities and competing deadlines is essential.
- Ability to maintain a professional image and attitude in regards to clients, visitors and co-workers
- Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to navigate and drive to different points of the city, operate GPS devices, 2 way radios and cell phone.
- Must be physically able to step up and down steps, safely secure clients for transport.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass the company insurance requirements for drivers
- Pass mandatory background check and motor vehicle check
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and future random drug screenings
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational training and/or certification preferred
- Minimum (2) years of on the job work experience in transporting individuals and driving a large capacity vehicle.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
- Valid Florida Driver's License with clean driving record as required by company driver insurance
- CPR and First Aid Certification
Tasks involve extended periods of time driving a company vehicle (van) with extended periods of visual concentration. Driving in increment weather such as rain storms, fog. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Tasks involve walking, standing, some unassisted lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Time off and EAP.
We're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test as well as criminal background test.
Job Status: Full Time