Disease Case Manager - LPN
Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individuals impacted by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are looking for an Prevention Manager in our programs targeting the LGBTQ community and minorities highly impacted by HIV. The candidate will have a strong comfort level working with the target population as well as providing community outreach, individual intervention, group facilitation, with strong communication skills. Hours will vary, including weekend, evenings, and some late nights at location with high traffic of target population.
This position is responsible for assessing, coordinating medical and support service and preparing clients for the highest attainable level of independence with attention to adherence to health care to include:
- Bio-psychosocial assessment and ongoing assessment of client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Development of an individual plan of care based on identified clients’ needs with input of client and medical team.
- Arranging services and completing linkage required for client based on individualized needs.
- Coaching and education to increase clients level of understanding of disease progression, treatment and healthy lifestyle.
- Meeting with internal and external interdisciplinary treatment team members to coordinate client services and documents outcomes of meetings, including hospitals, health department and medical providers.
- Developing relationship with MOUs for Medical Specialty providers to expand the network of care providers.
- Submitting all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Achieving and maintaining program established productivity levels.
- Promotes program refinement, understanding client/public needs and effectively participates in all assigned meetings.
- Effectively working with high-risk, vulnerable client populations including chemically- dependent persons.
- Ability to work with persons in crisis.
Skills / Requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Solution focused approach to conflict and challenges
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, collaborating agencies and the public
- Ability to demonstrate and model culturally competent behavior
- Moderate to Advanced Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Basic office equipment operation skills
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Symptoms and basic interventions
- Ability to effectively engage with high-risk, vulnerable client population and persons in crisis
- Familiarity with local community resources for patients with chronic disease.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of patient teaching, health promotion and disease prevention methods related to routine health care and those designed to address the needs of patients with chronic, disabling health conditions.
- Familiarity with Patient-Centered Medical Homes concept
- Ability to legally operate and motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with 2 years case management/social services experience
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- HIV 500
- Valid Florida Drivers License and ongoing proof of insurance required
Some physical effort may be required to push, move and lift light objects less than 20 pounds. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard, with extended periods of visual concentration.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Time off and EAP.
We're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Job Status: Full Time