Director of Finance
Broward House, Inc. is a community-based not for profit organization with HIV and Housing Services
We are currently looking for a Director of Finance who will be:
Responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring all financial and budgeting aspects of the agency, including policy and compliance with oversight entities and standard controls.
- Develop and monitor budgets for agency and grants resulting in reports to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
- Supervise fiscal staff in maintaining financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and monitor the use of all funds.
- Produce financial reporting materials and metrics for funding organizations with fiscal department staff
- Develop effective and efficient processes for the tracking and reports of cost allocation of all expenses
- Prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; directs all financial, project based and departmental accounting.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine agency, department or program progress toward stated budget goals and objectives.
Skills / Requirements
- Knowledge of OMB, GAAP and other industry standards.
- Fund Accounting.
- Strong budget acumen
- Federal Grant experience
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Accounting, Business or associated area
Minimum of (5) years fiscal management experience, not for profit or governmental preferred
Working knowledge of local, state, and federal funding sources
Knowledge of fiscal date bases, Abila preferred
Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to set priorities and work in a self-directed fashion.
The ability to work under pressure and to assess changing priorities and completing deadlines is essential.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
Prior experience working with regulatory and non-profit organizations.
Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Housing and Behavioral Health preferred.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TO A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.
Broward House offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401K, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and EAP
Broward House is an equal employment employer.
We must ensure that no applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Job Status: Full Time