Dietary Assistant Cook
Does spending your days serving the most vulnerable in our community in finding a safe place to live and call home excite you? Do you want to nourish people with food and caring? Does treating everyone with dignity ring true for you? If someone wants an extra scoop of rice, do you provide it with a smile. . If you answer yes, Broward House may be the place for you to work and be a care guide alongside equally passionate people.
This position is responsible for insuring that all food preparation and presentation is in accordance with the highest standards of quality and sanitation, adhering to nutritional guidelines with the guidance of the Head Cook
In addition to other duties, this position will:
- Maintains kitchen in a sanitary and orderly fashion in accordance with Health Department guidelines with special attention to food handling and quality of items produced. This includes a working knowledge and application of sanitary food handling.
- Maintains the kitchen and pantry in accordance with Department of Health and Agency for Health Care Administration Standards.
- Prepares meals and snacks as outlined on menus and adjusting or as necessary, and providing alternative meals as appropriate.
- Meets special nutritional needs of clients and preference as directed by Head Cook, Nurses and Management
- Follow cleaning and maintenance schedule of kitchen, pantry and dining room, reporting unsafe conditions to Head Cook Nurse Manager or Director.
- Interacts in a positive, supportive way with residents.
- Engages and effectively works with person in crisis.
- Performs related duties as directed by Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Training in dietary sanitation and food preparation. One year directly related experience preferred.
Certified Professional Servsafe Food Handler Certification
Ability to lift 20-pound pounds minimum without restriction
Must pass all drug and background screening, including a level 2 federal background and motor vehicle screening
Hours: Full-time 40/hrs. including rotating holidays.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In addition to salary we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 401k, short and long term disability, and paid time off
Job Status: Full Time