Certified Nursing Assistant
Provides quality care to residents through assisting with daily activities, taking vitals, and providing emotional support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides clients with supervision or assistance in activities of daily living including ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and other personal hygiene activities.
Provides intervention as assigned by nurse on duty or management team, including drug screenings.
Takes and records/reports clients’ vital signs as well as intake and output when directed by the nurse. Measures monthly weights and records in a timely manner. Reports any changes in clients’ condition to the charge nurse.
Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
Monitor clients by performing periodic assigned checks. Monitor property regularly report unsafe conditions and practices immediately to the appropriate person. Makes scheduled rounds in a timely manner.
Assists with functions indirectly affecting the hygiene and comfort of the clients, laundry, cleaning common areas and room. Works with the clients to maintain their rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
Provides emotional support to clients and engages clients in activities as appropriate to their lever of functioning and ability to participate. Explains and applies facility rules and regulations to ensure all clients safety and promote emotional security.
Provide support to Milieu and Dietary Aides duties as required.
Is knowledgeable of resident rights and engages clients in a strength-based supportive manner providing re-directions and guidance as necessary.
Attend and participate in staff meetings, program meetings, and staff training as determined by supervisor.
Engages, counsels, manages, motivates and effectively works with high-risk, vulnerable client population, including chemically dependent persons.
To perform this job successfully, the Nursing Assistant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- CNA certification required
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Nurse’s Assistant
- Experience with substance abuse and mental health population preferred
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and clients weighing over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position requires balance between task and people skills
Skills / Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations in public settings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and residents
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while working with diverse populations
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and meet established deadlines
- Basic computer skills required: Microsoft outlook email, office
- Basic reading, writing, math skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and to assess changing priorities and competing deadlines is essential
- Flexibility and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously
- Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Mon, Tue, Wed: 11:00 pm to 7:30 AM
OFF Thursday and Friday
Saturday and Sundays: 3P-11:30 PM
Job Status: Full Time