Broward House, Inc. is a community-based organization with multiple locations throughout Broward County, Florida. Incorporated in 1988, we provide a full array of quality services to those living with and at risk for HIV and other health issues. Programs include community-wide case management, substance abuse treatment, supportive and independent housing, intervention, mental health services, outreach/education, transportation, complementary therapies and medical services.
We are looking for an Assistant Cook to join our dynamic team. This position is responsible for insuring that all food preparation and presentation is in accordance with the highest standards of quality and sanitation while adhering to nutritional guidelines.
In addition to other duties, this position will:
- Ensure that all areas of food preparation meet with specific standards, paying attention to food handling, use of standardized recipes, sanitation, safe and proper use of equipment and quality of item produced.
- Keep the kitchen in a clean and orderly fashion, in accordance with Health Department/HRS/OLC guidelines.
- Supervise the performance of dietary aides.
- Adjust menus based on food availability and maintain record of meals served including any substitutions or deviations from printed menu. Accommodating residents’ preferences wherever possible.
- Prepare meals as outlined on menus according to recipes.
- Interact with residents.
- Report unsafe conditions and practices immediately to the appropriate person.
Skills / Requirements
One year directly related experience preferred.
Schedule: W-F 12:30 pm - 6:30 PM; Sat/Sun 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Must pass all drug and background screening requirements.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Job Status: Full Time